INTERNATIONAL CONTEST "TALENTS OF THE 21ST CENTURY - DANCE"
TALENTS OF THE 21ST CENTURY - DANCE
20/06/2021 – 27/06/2021 Bulgaria (Balchik)
1. Objective of the contest:
• establishing a platform for artistic communication, for making and strengthening friendships between talents from different countries around the world, bolstering cultural exchange;
• boosting the integration of world music cultures and enriching the repertoire of choreographic art;
• development of traditions of the national music cultures;
• Folk dances – dances of peoples all around the world compete in this nomination.
• A stylized folk dance – performances including mainly folk choreography, as well as choreography of other dance styles and trends compete in this nomination.
• A contemporary pop dance – dances with and without story lines compete in this nomination. There can be a combination of several modern styles in one production.
• Street dance show – dance performances which represent the following styles can compete in the nomination – Hip-hop, Disco, Techno, Tecktonik, LA-style, Jazz-funk, С-walk, Breakdance, Popping, Locking, Vogue, Waaking and other modern trends.
• Oriental dance – performances, which represent all trends of oriental dances, compete in this nomination.
• Ballroom dances – only team performances (teams of 4 or more people), which are based on a ballroom choreography, can participate in this nomination.
• Contemporary, Modern, Jazz – the following dance styles compete in the nomination: modern, jazz-modern, contemporary, afro-jazz, contemporary jazz.
• Free dances category – there are no style limitations in this category. Different age groups can participate in one dance.
• Pop and circus show – stage performances, which include elements of circus numbers – acrobatics, gymnastics, juggling, pantomime, slapstick and etc., compete in the nomination.
• Classics, Demi classics – performances based on classical choreography compete in this nomination. As a whole, they include the elements of classical ballet, but they can also be modified so that they differ considerably from the classical norms.
• Choreographic teams present a programme of 2 items in one nomination (no longer than 4 minutes each!).
• The items and performances in each age category are not compared with each other; the techniques and skills are assessed in each style separately.
4. Age categories:
1st category – baby – between 3 and 6 years of age
2nd category – from the age of 7 up to and including 9
3rd category – from the age of 10 up to and including 12
4th category – from the age of 13 up to and including 14
5th category – from the age of 15 up to and including 18
6th category – from the age of 19 up to and including 25
7th category – from the age of 26 and above
8th category (mixed) – teams of different age groups can be formed
The announcement of the results of the competition and the rewarding of all participants in the competition will occur at the gala concert of the Grand Closing Ceremony. Diplomas will not be issued and results will not be announced ahead of the gala concert. Diplomas and prizes will not be sent to the participants after the competition. Laureates of each nomination, who will be selected by the jury, will take part in the gala concert of the Grand Closing Ceremony.
It consists of 3 experienced choreographs, who have been appointed by the organisers.
GRAND PRIX – 500.00 EUR and a golden statuette for the best team
• The following prizes will be awarded per each category (there can be more than one prize winner per each place)
• 1st place: Golden Diploma, 2nd place: Silver Diploma, 3rd place – Bronze Diploma.
• The remaining teams will receive diplomas for their participation in the contest
Day 1: arrival in Bulgaria, accommodation at the hotel after 14:00, leisure time, a meeting of the leaders of the teams with the organisational committee.
Day 2: competition programme
Day 3: competition programme
Day 4: master class
Day 5: an excursion to the Botanical Garden, in accordance with a timetable
Day 6: gala concert and rewarding
Day 7: leisure time, a dance party in the evening
Day 8: a check-out before noon
9. Participation costs: 225 euro pro person
The price includes – accommodation at a hotel 3 stars 7 nights, meals, breakfasts and dinners, participation in the competition, an excursion to the Botanical Garden, master classes.
10. General terms
Participants must fill ill the application form on the website or send it to the following address: https://talents21.org/
The deadline for submitting application forms is 20/05/2021
You can pay only the fee for participating in the contest and the premium – 40 euro per participant.
There will be a voluntary excursion to Cape Kaliakra, which will cost 10 euro, and another one to Nessebar – 25 euro.
You must register at https://talents21.org/
our phones: +35952918250; Viber/WhatsApp +359895112614 (русский язык)
Applications are now open!!!!!!!!